HRP seize loaded firearm, cocaine and fentanyl from residence
Posted Sep 29, 2022 05:44:56 PM.
Halifax Regional Police charged a man with firearms and drug offences yesterday following a search of the man’s home.
At around 4:30 p.m., Sept. 28, police say their Drug Unit members searched a residence on Cogswell Street in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation.
During the search, investigators seized a loaded firearm, ammunition, cash and a quantity of cocaine and fentanyl.
Justin Muir, 44, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today, Sept. 29, 2022, to face charges of:
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Storing a firearm contrary to the regulations
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a court order (x 2)
- Possession for the purposes of trafficking (x 2)
HRP arrested Muir without incident at the residence.