Halifax Transit temporarily suspends three bus routes due to staffing issues
Posted Jan 23, 2023 06:57:00 PM.
Halifax Transit will be temporarily suspending service on three bus routes due to ongoing staffing issues.
As of Monday, Feb. 27, routes 41 (Dartmouth-Dalhousie), 178 (Mount Edward Express) and 179 (Cole Harbour Express) won't be running.
In addition, routes 6 (Woodside-A, Eastern Passage-B, Heritage Hills-C), 21 (Timberlea) and 54 (Montebello) will see schedule adjustments and 105 trips will be removed from 30 routes:
- One trip removed from Route 123
- Two trips removed from each of the following routes: 29, 93, 68, 83, 86, 93, 137, 158, 183, 186, 194
- Four trips removed from each of the following routes: 55, 57, 65, 84, 127, 135, 136, 138, 165, 168A, 168B, 370
- Six trips removed from each of the following routes: 59, 85, 159, 182, 185
- 10 trips removed from Route 330 (all remaining trips will be adjusted to service both Tantallon Park & Ride and Sheldrake Lake Park & Ride)
“These service reductions are new and replace several of the trips impacted by the service reductions introduced in November 2022,” said Halifax Regional Municipality in a news release.
“The service reductions have been developed with consideration for passenger impact and no community will completely lose service during these changes.”
This is expected to last until late summer, which is when Halifax Transit hopes to return to its regular service levels.
Recruitment for new employees is ongoing with training courses being held every three weeks.
HRM says 35 new operators were hired and trained between September and December.
NOTE: This is an updated article to reflect the changes kick in Feb 27.