At Halifax.CityNews.ca, Ottawa.CityNews.ca and Kitchener.CityNews.ca we are building for tomorrow. We are planning for the future to make more possible for our customers and we believe it starts with a great team!
Through a solid partnership with Village Media and Rogers Sports & Media, we are committed to creating and growing teams that are customer first, fast-moving, bold-thinking and focused on delivering local news. We focus on providing local stories written by local journalists in the communities we serve. In addition, our sites offer weather, events, obituaries, and a wide range of community information. We are proud members of the cities where we operate. We support local events and charitable causes and recognize our neighbours’ achievements. We are more than just news - we are about community.
Would you like to join our team in Halifax as a SME and play a critical role in building the future of our Community Sites in Halifax, Ottawa and Kitchener?
What you will do:
- Be at the forefront of helping local Account Managers increase revenue and plan campaign strategies for local businesses;
- Join weekly Sales meetings virtually and be a part of the local teams in Halifax, Ottawa, and Kitchener;
- Identify and respond to client sales opportunities;
- Brainstorm, plan, and help build presentations for the Sales teams;
- Act as a category ambassador in the Rogers Sports & Media landscape, and attend client meetings as the Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- In consultation with the Village Media team, you will create and update digital sales packages;
- Quarterback the execution of all campaigns;
- Liaise with internal team members and departments;
- Help to drive Sales and achieve revenue targets on our Community Sites;
- Help to develop New Business Sales;
- Other key duties as you successfully grow this role.
What you will bring:
- A solid understanding of the Digital media ecosystem in Canada
- An appreciation for local News and Community
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- A positive and winning attitude
- Knowledge of IAB Guidelines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong software skills including competence with MS Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career growth
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- The tools you will need to perform your job
- That your health and safety is our top priority
What makes us different makes us stronger. We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.