The Public Health Mobile Unit will be offering PCR COVID-19 testing in Clayton Park on Wednesday afternoon.
It will be parked at Duc d’Anville Elementary School on Dec. 1 from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
On-site interpretation will be available in Arabic, Somali, Farsi and Turkish.
A swish and gargle option will be available for those between the ages of 4 and 18.
Those interested can book ahead or just pop by, although drop-in tests will be based on availability.
Testing is free and available to anyone who:
- is experiencing symptoms
- has no symptoms (asymptomatic)
- has been to a potential exposure site, or
- is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
- Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
- The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
- Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
- When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly