Halifax Regional Police are investigating a shooting that happened Monday night in Halifax.
Officers were called to the 3000 block of Barrington St. just before 10 p.m. to reports of a man being shot. HRP says the officers found a 35-year-old man with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
A short time later an officer found and arrested a 38-year-old man at a nearby residence. Police say the search of a residence and vehicle turned up multiple firearms and ammunition.
Enrico Jamil Upshaw, 37, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Attempt to commit murder
- Pointing a firearm
- Discharging firearm with intent
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unsafe Storage contrary to regulations x 5
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm x 3
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized x 3
- Possession of restricted/ prohibited firearm with ammunition x 5
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 902-490-5020 or submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers.