The province's Serious Incident Response Team said there's no reason to further investigate the death of Clayton Miller.
This after a July news conference where Miller's parents, along with their lawyer, released an interview with a man who said he was a member of the search team looking for the 17-year-old.
The Cape Breton teen had gone to a bush party at a place known locally as 'the Nest' in New Waterford on Friday, May 4, 1990 which was raided by police, he was found face down in an ankle-deep stream Sunday afternoon.
In the interview, the witness says his team searched the area where the body was found that Saturday and found nothing.
SiRT director Ron MacDonald said that information can't be accurate.
"There are no records found at the Cape Breton Search and Rescue Team or at the Nova Scotia Emergency Measures Organization that showed any search being done that day," he explained.
"But more importantly, it's not possible there would have been a search given that at the time on the 5th, nobody realized that's where Mr. Miller was, nobody knew where he was."
MacDonald said Clayton's parents testified in 1990 they didn't know he had been at 'the Nest' and no search and rescue team had been called in by police on that Saturday.
For 27-years, Miller's parents have questioned about the circumstances surrounding the teen's death, believing key information has been withheld.
MacDonald said there's never been any evidence Clayton suffered any injuries that would have caused his death, and there's no evidence linking police to Miller on the night he disappeared.
"Unfortunately in situations of emotion, sometimes persons will believe things that aren't based on fact, this would appear to be one of those examples," said MacDonald.