Halifax Regional Police and Halifax District RCMP have released surveillance photos of a woman they believe is responsible for a string of gas-and-dash thefts in the municipality.
They say there have been five incidents since August, all taking place in the morning:
- At 7:54 a.m. on August 8 at the Wilson’s Gas Bar located at 30 Farnham Gate Road in Halifax
- At 8 a.m. on September 12 at the Petro-Canada located at 7015 Bayers Road, Halifax
- At 10:47 a.m. on September 25 at the Atlantic Superstore Gas Bar located at 3627 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax
- At 8:51 a.m. on September 28 at the Ultramar located at 1830 St. Margarets Bay Road, Timberlea
- At 8:40 a.m. on October 18 at the Esso located at 3600 Dutch Village Road, Halifax.
The suspect is described as white, in her 20s or 30s with dark, sometimes reddish-coloured hair that is usually worn up.
In each case, she was driving a blue Ford Escape with the stolen licence plate number FDA 175.
Anyone with information on the woman or vehicle can contact police at 902-490-5020 or submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers.