Skip to content
live

Tragic fire in Lower Sackville claims another life

RCMP say an 18-year-old man who had been rescued from the blaze succumbed to life-threatening injuries on Monday.
000000-halifax fire-2-MG
A Halifax Fire vehicle (Meghan Groff/HalifaxToday.ca)

Saturday's tragic house fire in Lower Sackville has claimed the life of a third person. 

RCMP say an 18-year-old man who had been rescued from the blaze succumbed to life-threatening injuries on Monday. 

An 11-year-old girl and 58-year-old man were also killed in the fire. A GoFundMe page has been set up, accepting donations to help the family cover funeral costs. 

The chief of Halifax Fire says an investigation into the fire found it was the result of an electrical fault that started in the basement of a duplex.




Mark Hodgins

About the Author: Mark Hodgins

Mark Hodgins is an Ontario-born Haligonian. A graduate of the Loyalist College journalism program, he’s been with NEWS 95.7 since 2016. Mark is a lover of sports, politics and video games.
Read more
Rogers Sports & Media
6080 Young Street Halifax, NS, B3K 5L2
© 2006-2022 Rogers Sports & Media. All rights reserved.
push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks