HALIFAX REGIONAL POLICE
Police have charged a man for weapon and drug offences after arresting him on an outstanding warrant for prior weapon-related charges.
Members with the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division were searching for a man with an arrest warrant for uttering threats and weapon charges in relation to an October 30, 2020 incident. At approximately 2:40 p.m. officers arrested the man in a vehicle in the 0-100 block of Wentworth Street in Dartmouth and seized a loaded firearm and a quantity of cocaine.
Jakeel Kwan Tynes, 29, of Dartmouth, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Careless handling of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- Possession of a prohibited firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition