Halifax Regional Police are trying to determine if a single-vehicle crash on Lacewood Drive early Friday is related to two shootings Thursday night.
Police were called to the area of Micmac Street and Chisholm Avenue in the west end at around 10:30 p.m.
Officers discovered a home had been struck by bullets, but no one was reported injured.
Witnesses spotted a dark-coloured vehicle in the area when the shots were fired.
Then at around 10:45 p.m., more gunshots rang out in the area of Bently Drive, off Washmill Lake Drive.
Police said there was evidence of a shooting, but there were no reported injuries or property damage,
Two hours later, a vehicle crashed into a power pole on Lacewood Drive near Lincoln Cross Drive.
Police say it matched a description from the earlier shooting.
"Evidence of a shooting was located with the vehicle and a loaded handgun was seized," said HRP in a news release.
The driver was arrested.
Shiquawn Marcel Upshaw-Paris, 26, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm contrary to a court order (two counts)
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Breach of a court order (three counts)
It's early in the investigation and police are still trying to determine if any or all of the incidents are related.
Anyone with information or video from the areas is asked to call 902-490-5020 or submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers.