Two people are facing charges after a loaded firearm was seized from a vehicle last week.
The vehicle was stopped in relation to an ongoing investigation by the Integrated Guns and Gangs Unit last Friday night.
Two people were arrested without incident.
Treyton Alexander Marsman, 23, and Kierra Martin, 22, will appear in Halifax Provincial Court at a later date to face charges of:
- Careless handling of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in motor vehicle
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
In addition, Marsman is facing charges of failing to comply with a court order and two counts of possessing a firearm or ammunition contrary to a court order.