A man is facing several charges in a firearms investigation.
Halifax Regional Police say the guns and gangs unit stopped a vehicle in Halifax at around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday.
A man was arrested and police say investigators seized oxycodone pills and a loaded firearm.
Shiquawn Marcel Upshaw-Paris, 26, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Careless handling of a firearm
- Contravention of storage regulations
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a restricted firearm obtained by the commission of an offence
- Possession of a firearm contrary to an order (four counts)
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Breach of release order (6 counts)