Energy Board still combing over N.S. Power cybersecurity breach
Posted Dec 29, 2025 07:31:32 AM.
Last Updated Dec 29, 2025 01:37:36 PM.
The Nova Scotia Energy Board continues to pour over a recently-released incident report looking into Nova Scotia Power’s cyber security breach.
The Board says it got access to the report last week, having set a deadline of Dec. 31 for the submission from the province’s energy utility.
The Board says Nova Scotia Power has asked for some of the information in the report to be kept condfidential, adding it will be reviewing the report and making a determination on that request,
As for now, it has released a public version of the report with redactions.
The 43-page report outlines the utility’s response to the breach.
Nova Scotia Power says that response, including containment, remediation and investigation, was “effective and executed in a very timely and highly coordinated matter.”
The utility also says while it recognizes the potential impact on customers, it has no information that customer data has been misused or that there is evidence of financial harm.
Nova Scotia Power’s report also says 75 per cent of smart meters have been reconnected, and that it is expecting to have all reconnected by the end of March.
The utility also says, any social insurance numbers not required for tax reporting purposes will be deleted by March 31.